Who Can Join
In order to participate in Adventist Contact’s matching process, you must certify and affirm on your honor as a child of God that you are…
- Creating a profile for your own personal use only, that you are the individual named and described in your profile. (Profiles may not be created by or for someone else, except in the case of assistance for individuals with disabilities.)
- 18 years of age or older
- A baptized member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in good and regular standing
- Legally unmarried: widowed, divorced, or never married
- Able to read, write, and speak English (English fluency is required in order for our questionnaires to be valid.)
- Living as the gender that shows up on your original birth certificate (that is, CIS-gender)
- Searching for a friend, sweetheart, or spouse of the opposite gender
If any of the following apply, you are not eligible to participate in Adventist Contact, Inc.:
- You have been separated, but as of today, your divorce is not final.
- You have been convicted of an illegal offense more serious than a minor traffic violation (for example, Driving While Intoxicated, Hit and Run, or any felony).
- You have had a restraining order issued against you.
- You have been diagnosed with mental or emotional illness or instability.
- You have been treated/counseled for anger management problems.
- You have sued the Seventh-day Adventist Church (or any of its entities), or fellow church member(s).
- You pride yourself on being—or am often referred to as—”strange,” “weird,” or “unusual.”
- You are affiliated with any other dating or matching service—other than as a customer of that service.
- You have been diagnosed with—or have reason to believe that you may have—genital herpes, HIV/AIDS, syphilis, gonorrhea, genital warts or any other sexually transmitted disease (STD).
You must also affirm that you understand and agree to the following:
- In order to maintain a quality matching service, Adventist Contact, Inc. reserves the right to refuse service to any individual—or terminate service at any point—with or without giving a reason or refund.
- Adventist Contact, Inc. cannot guarantee an exclusive partner for each participant, and you assume the risk that, because of age or other limiting factors, Adventist Contact, Inc. may not be able to find a suitable match for you. You understand that Adventist Contact, Inc. offers no guarantees and no refunds.
- Absolute honesty is mandatory in order for Adventist Contact, Inc. to be of maximum value; you promise to provide complete and honest answers in your profile and in your interaction with potential matches. Any falsehood shall be considered grounds for terminating service.
- The materials used by Adventist Contact, Inc. are copyright, and you promise not to duplicate, modify, or distribute them in any way.
- Adventist Contact, Inc. does not check criminal records or credit reports, or perform any other background inquiry regarding its participants.
- A certain risk is associated with joining Adventist Contact; you waive any and all claims that you might now or hereafter have against Adventist Contact, Inc. for any reason whatsoever—including, but not limited to, gross negligence. Additionally, you waive any and all claims against Adventist Contact, Inc. that might be made on your behalf by another person or persons. Further, you understand and agree that Adventist Contact, Inc. assumes no liability whatsoever for my actions or those of another person whose participation may create legal claims that you might be able to pursue.
- Adventist Contact, Inc. may contact participants from time to time by e-mail with reminders and other information.
- Adventist Contact, Inc. may change the nature or terms of its service without notice.