Adventist Contact, Inc. is a privately run ministry. Our website address is: https://www.adventistcontact.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Members: We collect and store only the minimum of personally identifiable information. This includes:
- Email address
- Year of birth
- General location (GPS coordinates of the city where you live)
- Media: Any images uploaded by members are stripped of embedded location data (EXIF GPS), and re-titled for anonymity.
- Cookies: If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Adventist Contact, Inc. does not share or sell member information for any reason.
How long we retain your data
For members who register on our website, we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete* their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Accounts that have been unused for a year or more are automatically purged from our system.
* Certain information is required in order to continue using our service. Those items may not be deleted, except by request.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect your data
The information on this site is protected by Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS). It means that all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted. We regularly screen for malware and other intrusions.
Children’s Privacy Notice
Adventist Contact, Inc. requires members to certify that they are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect any information from or about children under 18. While members may choose to include information about, or photos of their children in profiles, those profiles are not publicly accessible.