- What does it cost to join Adventist Contact? Nothing–zero, zip, nada! There are no costs for our service at this time. We do offer a Premium level of service that provides additional perks to paying members, but that is not necessary to be matched with other members.
- How can I purchase the Premium upgrade? Actually, we’re not offering it yet. The first 100 men and the first 100 women to complete profiles in our system will automatically receive that level of service for one year at no cost. Join now and complete your profile to lock in that benefit!
- Help! My password doesn’t work! We’ve got a separate page of LOGIN FAQs. Check there for help.
- How can I tell if my profile is complete? We’re glad you asked! We’re trying to make it easy to tell. When you log in, you’re directed to your MEMBER HOME page. If your profile is complete, and ready for matching*, you’ll see this:
Notice how all the circle indicators are green for the Required Items, and there’s a message at the right stating that your profile is complete. If your profile is NOT complete, look for a list of missing items or a red circle indicator by one of the Required Items, as shown below.
Please note: the “Congratulations” message will not appear unless your photos are approved. So there may be a period of time when all the circle indicators are green, and the message still says your profile is incomplete.
- May I change my answers to the questionnaire or the details of my profile? Yes, you may log back in at any time and edit your information. In fact, it’s very important to keep your contact information current, so our system will remind you to check it periodically.
- How can I change my profile picture(s)? Simply upload new ones. As soon as they are approved, the newest ones will be used.
- How can I reach someone at Adventist Contact? At the bottom of every page is a CONTACT US link to send e-mail inquiries. Please make sure you’ve read completely through these Frequently Asked Questions AND the Login Help page before you contact us. Many of your questions are already addressed. We are not equipped to provide phone support. If you are not computer literate, you may want to ask a computer savvy friend for help.
- How long does it take for my photos to be approved? Our staff and volunteers check for new uploads several times a day, but it may take up to 24 hours or longer for your photos to be approved.
- Why do the Adventist Contact questionnaires include such personal questions? Our process focuses on identifying and matching people who have the most in common, and maximum compatibility in key areas that tend to cause marital friction. Of course some of those areas are going to be rather personal. If you are not willing to examine those areas of your life, then Adventist Contact is not for you. Any information you provide on your questionnaire is stored securely, never revealed to anyone else, and most likely not ever even seen by another human being. See HOW IT WORKS for more information.
- One of my matches looks interesting, and I’ve sent them a message but gotten no reply. What can I do? Your MY MATCHES page tells you when that person has last logged in to their Adventist Contact account. They should have been receiving regular notifications from us that they have one or more messages; it is entirely up to the individual whether or not they choose to read or respond to them. If they have blocked you or deactivated their profile, they will disappear from your match list.
- How is Adventist Contact different from other online matching services? Adventist Contact is not just another dating/matching site. It represents a process that has been in research and development since 1972, with an unparalleled history of success. Each part of the process is designed to insure your safety, privacy, and maximum probable compatibility with your matches. The process is self-screening; people who aren’t willing to invest time and effort in creating an accurate and informative profile might not be willing to invest time and effort in growing a relationship.
- Does Adventist Contact screen potential matches or do any sort of reference check? Adventist Contact no longer requires or checks references for prospective participants. If you choose to contact someone from your list of matches, please use caution and good sense. We can offer no guarantees; you must pursue any relationship carefully and prayerfully.
- Why is the Adventist Contact site closed on Sabbath? Adventist Contact is God’s business, but it is business and we do have some charges in order to pay expenses. Ellen G. White states that any business originating on Sabbath is cursed. We want everything we do to be blessed by God.
- How can I remove my information from Adventist Contact’s system? Look for the link at the bottom of your MEMBER HOME page to REMOVE MY PROFILE. Following that process will completely remove your information and photos from our database and servers. If you can’t log in, you can request removal via email.
* When will I start seeing matches? Our whole system has been revamped! We’ve invited hundreds of previous members to re-join. However, we will not display any matches until our system contains at least 100 men and 100 women. Want to help us get there? Please invite ALL of your single Adventist friends to join Adventist Contact!