Information we collect about you
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our Web site, the information may be sent to Web servers located in the United States.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our Web site or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number(s). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information such as your hometown, your occupation or your username. All business transactions are handled via PayPal; your financial information is not accessible to—or stored by—Adventist Contact.
- Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us, such as their name, address and email address. If you use our Web site to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient in order to process those requests or facilitate future activities.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our Web site. This information may include your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, and the referring Web site address.
- Cookies. In order to log in, our site requires that your browser accept cookies (text files stored on your machine). These cookies are temporary in nature and are destroyed when you close your browser window. They do not collect or transmit any information about you or your computer.
How we use the information we collect
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about our products or services that may be of interest to you;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
With whom we share your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services.
Personal information. Adventist Contact does not sell member information under any circumstances. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below, or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information, which may include your name and contact information (including email address) with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf (mailings, etc.). These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our Web site functionality, and surveys and other features offered through our Web site. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
Other Situations. We also may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Web site terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
How you can access your information
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Web site because such information may be required in order for you to register as a participant; purchase products or services; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our Web site.
- In certain places on our site we may ask for your phone number. In those places where we ask for your phone number, we will always tell you how your phone number will be used—either to provide you a service you requested from us or to call you to inform you about one of our products in which you have expressed an interest. We will not call you for marketing purposes unless you provide us your phone number specifically to receive such calls. Please note that we may still need to call you for servicing or other non-marketing purposes.
How you can remove your information
If you have created a profile with us, you have the ability to remove or deactivate that profile at any time, using the link provided on your MY HOME page. The process requires clicking a confirmation link in an e-mail.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our Web site. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's Web site for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Information you provide about yourself while using our service
Although our Web site is a general audience site, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect personal information from or provide services to children under the age of 13.
Visiting our Web sites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
Adventist Contact, Inc
PO Box 7084
Hyattsville, MD 20787-7084